Arena's at the Airport - Let's Do Trivia! - Blurb for 8/4/26

DAN RETURNS THIS WEEK!

 

John needs a vacation and perhaps a handful of muscle relaxers.

 

When your regular host is not in the house for whatever reasons on any given week, the best thing you can do is know that vacations or other things are only temporary… but by being kind to your substitute is the best was to ensure everyone has a good time.

 

No, I can never be Dan. My red hair turned brown by the time I got to 7th grade, I never had pecs, and I’m old.

 

Also, when a guest-host is in a venue, they are kind of flying blind as far as how to optimize the sound. So, you can expect it won’t sound the same as when your regular host does it. Sorry. While this isn’t an inevitability, it’s easy to understand how it could happen. In my case, I am aware Arena’s in Georgetown has NO SPEAKER facing the Host location by the window. In the past, this has caused me to turn the sound up until I can hear my voice, which is known to be too loud to everyone else in the room! My solution is to provide a personal speaker, pointed at me, so I can hear myself and not be not tempted to turn the house sound too high. This usually works. But it seemed to scare some of you and you moved as far from me as you could get… which took you to the far end where there is ALSO no speaker. So, all you heard was the echoes from two speakers that were not pointed at you. That’s a worst-case scenario.

 

 

Last week, these teams came to play:

Dazed and Confused

The Archers

Miltonians

Know nothings

The Disappointments

 

Apparently, this was a different team called Know Nothings than appeared the last time I covered. Either way, The Archers ended the first half on top while the new Know Nothings ended the half in a tie with another new team, The Disappointments who weren’t so disappointing after all.

 

With no teams nailing the final correctly, it came down to sill up to that point and wagering.

 

Uploaded Image

 

And that’s the way it happened last week…. Back to you, Dan!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Do Trivia - Arena's Georgetown - 12/4/25

Let's Do Trivia - Arena's Georgetown - 10/2/25